Sister Cities Committee
The Sister Cities Committee Advises and assists the Assembly with respect to the CBJ’s ongoing sister cities relationship, hosting foreign guests, and promotion of international relations. This is a five-member committee which encourages participation from the general public in its meetings and activities.
- Sister Cities Committee governing legislation [Resolution 2508]
The City and Borough of Juneau is also a member of Sister Cities, International
Juneau’s Sister Cities
- Municipality of Kalibo, Province of Aklan, Philippines – PRESS RELEASE – CBJ Welcomes Sister City Delegation from Kalibo – October 2014 Resolution 2663 A Resolution Endorsing the Creation of a Sister City Relationship with the Municipality of Kalibo, Capital of Aklan Province, in the Republic of the Philippines, and Requesting the Sister Cities Committee to Proceed with the Steps Necessary to Formalize the Sister City Relationship.
- Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada – Resolution 1403 – Establishing Sister City Relationship with Whitehorse
- Chia Yi City, Taiwan, China – Resolution 1301 – Establishing Sister City Relationship with Chia Yi City
- Vladivostok, Russia [Website Link-In Russian] – Resolution 1542 – Establishing Sister City Relationship with Vladivostok
- Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province, People’s Republic of China – Resolution 2120 – Establishing Sister City Relationship with Mishan City
Please note, we do not list our CBJ Boardmembers contact information on the website. However, copies of the board membership lists with their contact information are available upon request from the Clerk’s Office. Or if you would rather send a message to members of a particular board, at the bottom of each fact sheet is an staff liaison email address that you can send comments to. For those boards without a staff liaison you can send comments through the Clerk’s Office by email to: City.Clerk@juneau.org via fax at 907-586-4552, or via mail to 155 S. Seward Street, Juneau, AK 99801. Please note that for our appeal boards, we usually do not provide copies of the board member contact lists as communication with boardmembers on any matter which might be the subject of an appeal or part of a quasi-judicial proceeding must be handled in accordance with that bodies rules of procedures.