File a Crime Report Online
JPD’s Online reporting allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the report for free.
With the exception of FRAUD, please report only incidents that have occurred in the City and Borough of Juneau, Alaska.
Before you Begin…
Please call 9-1-1 immediately if you wish to report:
- Someone is in danger or currently fearful for their safety
- Someone is injured or in need of immediate assistance
- A serious crime is in progress
Please call 586-0600 if you wish to report:
- A crime against a person (such as an assault, rape, robbery, abuse, or domestic violence)
- A court order violation (such as restraining, stalking, child custody)
- A breaking and entering (burglary) of your home or business
- Theft of a vehicle, firearm, or license plate
- A motor vehicle accident involving an injury or more than $5,000 combined damage
Please contact Juneau Crime Line to provide an anonymous tip regarding:
- Drug activity
- Any criminal activity for which you are not the victim and the crime is not currently happening
- The general whereabouts of a wanted person
PLEASE CALL 9-1-1 TO REPORT AN EMERGENCY
Make sure you have all the information you need to submit your report:
- WHEN it happened (date and time)
- WHERE it happened (address or location)
- WHAT was lost, stolen, or damaged (make, model, serial number, description, and estimated value of loss)
These are the types of incidents that you can report online:
- Lost Property
- Found Property
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Motor Vehicle Accident Hit & Run
- Motor Vehicle Accident Damage Only
- Theft of Bicycle
- Vehicle Rifling
- Theft from Vehicle
- Theft (All Other)
- Information Only (none of the above, non-criminal)
- You will be able to access a temporary printable report.
- You will receive a confirmation email letting you know the report was successfully submitted.
- Once the report is approved, you will receive an email with the JPD case number and a printable copy of the report.
- If you have requested to speak with an officer, indicated you have photos or video to include, or if we have questions, you will be contacted during regular business hours by an investigator.
- If reports are rejected, that do not meet online reporting requirements, you will receive email notification and a reason for rejection.