CCFR Santa Run routes on Dec. 9 & 16
Santa Claus is coming to town! Capital City Fire/Rescue will once again be driving Santa around Downtown Juneau and Douglas on Dec. 9 and the Mendenhall Valley on Dec. 16 starting around 5:30 p.m. CCFR firefighters will be handing out candy canes and escorting Santa, who’ll make occasional stops along the way to meet and talk to children.
On Dec. 9. Santa will begin his route at the roundabout near the Mount Roberts Tramway at 5:30 pm.
Santa’s Route – Downtown:
- Start at 5:30 pm at the Mount Roberts Tramway
- Transit down Franklin Street to Front Street.
- Follows Front Street and turns Right on Main Street.
- Turn Right on Calhoun.
- Follow Calhoun to 12th Street.
- Turn Right on Glacier Avenue.
- Turn Right on Behrends Avenue.
- Drives to CCF/R Station 1 after Behrends Avenue for a quick break.
Santa’s Route – Douglas:
- Drive thru Cedar Park
- Drive to 2nd Street and Channel View
- Follow 2nd Street to the Douglas Post Office
- Left on St. Anne’s to A Street
- Follow around to 5th Street
- Follow 5th Street to D Street
- Stop in front of CCF/R Station 2 (Douglas Fire Station)
On Dec. 16, Santa will begin his route at Gruening Park at 5:30.
Santa’s Route – Mendenhall Valley:
- Start at 5:30 pm at Gruening Park
- Transit to Glacier Valley Elementary School at 6:00 pm
- Leaves Glacier Valley Elementary School at 6:30 pm
- Turn left on Haloff Way and follow through on Stephen Richards to Riverside.
- Transit North on Riverside and turn right on Long Run Drive
- Begin handing out candy canes on Long Run Drive
- Turn left on Portage Blvd and turn right on Aspen Ave
- Turn right on Taku Blvd.
- Transit down Mendenhall Loop to Thunder Mountain Road
- Hand out candy canes down Thunder Mountain Road to Thunder Mountain Trailer Park
- 15 minutes with Santa and Mrs. Claus at Glacier Valley Church of God (8497 Thunder Mountain Road)
- Transit Mendenhall Loop to Montana Creek Road
- Transit Montana Creek Road to Ninnis Drive
- Hand out candy canes on Ninnis Drive and follow around Wolfram Way