Businesses can now file and pay CBJ sales tax online
The City and Borough of Juneau Sales Tax Office is now offering businesses the option of filing and paying CBJ sales tax online. Up until now, businesses had to conduct this transaction in person or by mail with paper documents.
The online option allows businesses to use a new web portal to:
- Electronically file returns & pay sales tax
- Pay past due balances with up-to-date quotes of the balance due
- Submit monthly deposits of sales tax collected (for quarterly merchants)
- Renew & submit payment for your annual Resale of Goods Certificate
Businesses have the option of filing sales tax online and still mailing in a paper check separately. Otherwise, online sales tax payment options are:
- ACH/eChecks: Checking or savings accounts can be used; a convenience fee of $1.00 per transaction is charged on ACH/eCheck payments
- Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard & Discover are accepted; a convenience fee of 2.95% per transaction is charged on credit card payments
- Debit Card: Visa & MasterCard debits cards are accepted; a convenience fee of 2.95% per transaction is charged on debit card payments
For more information, contact the CBJ Sales Tax Office at 907-586-5265 or go to http://www.juneau.org/financeftp/MerchantSalesTax.php for user guides and assistance on how to use the new web portal.