American Red Cross Certification Courses
First Aid/CPR/AED Classes
Location: Dimond Park Aquatic Center – 3045 Dimond Park Loop, Juneau, AK 99801
Course Cost: $150 (Class time + Certification)
Add-on Fees (Optional):
- Materials Fee- $25
Upon successful completion of the course, each participant will receive an American Red Cross certification which covers First Aid/CPR and AED, valid for 2 years.
Certification courses take place on one day, lasting 6-7 hours. A 30 minute lunch break will take place mid-way through the day.
- Saturday, July 15, 2017: 9am-4pm
- Saturday, August 19, 2017: 9am-4pm
- Saturday, September 16, 2017: 9am-4pm
- ONLINE – GO HERE and Click “Register”!
- In-person at either Augustus Brown Pool or Dimond Park Aquatic Center – though course will take place at Dimond Park Aquatic Center
*Do you have a group of 5 or more to be First Aid/CPR/AED certified and the currently scheduled classes do not fit into your schedule?*
Organized groups may schedule a privately held course at the Dimond Park Aquatic Center on a day which works best for them!
Private Course Information/Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 5 participants paid to confirm a course date/time
- Must allow for a minimum of 7 hours class time
- Must be scheduled a minimum of 3 weeks in advance
- Regular course fees apply
Contact Dimond Park Aquatic Center @ 907-586-2782 or email us at Aquatics@Juneau.org!
Lifeguard Certification Course
Course Cost: $205.00
- Participants must be 15 years of age on or before the last scheduled day of the course.
- Successfully complete the pre-course session which includes:
- 300 yard continuous swim (front crawl/breast stroke)
- Treading water for two minutes with hands under armpits
- Retrieval of a 10 pound object from 7 – 10 foot depth within 1 minute 40 seconds
- Pre-course will be held at Dimond Park Aquatic Center on Saturday, August 5 at 11:30am. Participants will be able to register for the full course immediately following the successful completion of the pre-course requirements. (907-586-2782)
Class Dates: August 7 – 11, 2017
- Mandatory Pre-course Session (No payment due): SATURDAY, AUGUST 5, 2017 – 11:30AM – 12:30PM
- Full Course Dates and times:
- Monday, August 7, 9am – 4pm
- Tuesday, August 8, 9am – 4pm
- Wednesday, August 9, 9am – 4pm
- Thursday, August 10, 9am – 4pm
- Friday, August 11, 1:30 – 4pm
You are required to attend all of the dates and times listed above to successfully complete the lifeguard course. No make up dates will be scheduled. You need to plan to be at all sessions before enrolling for the course. Don’t forget to bring your suit to every course date!
- PRE-COURSE Registration –
- In-person @ Dimond Park Aquatic Center
- Phone – 907-586-2782
- Online HERE
- Registration for the full courses will take place after the pre-course session has concluded.
- No payments will be collected until successful completion of the pre-course session. Registration for the full course will open immediately following the pre-course.
- We cannot enroll people into the course without payment. Course materials will not be released to lifeguard candidates until they have been paid for.