Entry Requirements & Accessibility
The Juneau Parks and Recreation Department encourages participation in activities by all persons, regardless of disabilities or special needs. Parks and Recreation facilities are wheel chair accessible.
The swimming pool is accessible to the disabled and a lift is available for those needing assistance entering or leaving the pool. Both aquatic facilities offer a changing room for those with special needs. Additional support services are available by calling the Department at 586-5226 or Dimond Park Aquatic Center at 586-2782.
- Pay swim fee or have a valid pass.
- Guests using the pool must be 8 years old and able to swim one width of the pool using an over arm crawl stroke Or 8 years old and 48″ tall. Guests who do not meet these requirements must be accompanied by another guest age 15 or older who is within arm’s reach providing touch supervision while in the pool. Supervision is one adult to every three children.
- Children under the age of 2 may enter the pool with an adult for free.
- Children still in diapers must be in a swim diaper (available for purchase at the front desk. No disposable diapers allowed.
- Water wings are not allowed. Only U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets are allowed under direct adult supervision.
- Guests must be able to pass a 15-yard swim test to be allowed into the larger pool.