Special Assembly Meeting Wednesday, July 8 at 5 p.m. immediately followed by Finance Committee Meeting
The Assembly will hold a Special Meeting on Wednesday, July 8 beginning at 5p.m. The agenda includes:
- EOC COVID-19 Update
- Public Hearing for Ordinance 2020-33: An Ordinance Amending Emergency Appropriation Resolution 2889(am) Related to COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program. This ordinance would change two components of the COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program: It amends the funding source from the Affordable Housing Fund to the CARES Act Special Revenue Fund; and it extends the program from June 30 to December 31. This ordinance also clarifies that, upon direction from the Assembly, the Manager may change the intent language provided in Exhibit A to Resolution 2889.
- For Presentation (not for public hearing) Ordinance 2020-35: An Ordinance Requiring a Face Covering in Certain Indoor Settings. This ordinance was drafted at the request of Assemblymember Hale for presentation and referral to the Committee of the Whole for further discussion before introduction or public hearing. This ordinance would require people to wear a face covering when in a publicly accessible indoor location or an indoor communal area outside the home. There are exceptions for people with disabilities or young children. This ordinance is very similar to the Anchorage mask mandate.
Read the full Special Assembly Meeting agenda here.
Immediately following the Special Assembly meeting, the Assembly Finance Committee will convene a meeting on the following topics:
Items for discussion:
- Allocation of CARES Act Funds
Items for action:
- Business Grant Program Phase 2/3
- Non-Profit Grant Program
- Airlift Northwest Request for Support
- Consideration of Building Purchase for Sheltering
- Infrastructure Bond
- Arts/Culture Grants
- Grants for Personal Protective Equipment and COVID Mitigation
- Staff Update on Bond Refinancing
Read the full Finance Committee Meeting agenda here.
These meetings will be conducted as a virtual meeting only. Public testimony will be limited to the Special Assembly meeting under Non-Agenda items and taken on Ordinance 2020-33. Anyone wishing to provide public comment during the meeting is asked to call the Municipal Clerk’s public testimony request phone line at 586-0215 by 3 p.m. the day of the meeting or email City.Clerk@juneau.org, providing their name, email address, and phone number they will be calling from. Testimony time will be limited by the Mayor based on the number of participants. The public is encouraged to send comments in advance of the meeting to BoroughAssembly@juneau.org.
The public can listen to the audio or watch the meetings in a few different ways:
- Call 1-346 -248-7799 and enter Webinar ID: 926 5114 7325#; or
- Join the Zoom webinar as an attendee at https://juneau.zoom.us/j/92651147325; or
- Watch on Facebook Live.
ADA Accommodations are available upon request. Closed Captioning for both meetings will be provided via Zoom and Facebook live. Anyone needing assistance is encouraged to contact the Clerk’s office at telephone number is 586-5278, TDD 586-5351, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact the City Clerk’s Office at 586-5278.