Learn about sustainability in Juneau’s visitor industry April 18
The next Sustainability Session is on “Sustainability in Juneau’s Visitor Industry.” The session is taking place on Thursday, April 18 at 5:30 p.m. in City Hall Chambers. Sustainability Sessions are sponsored by the Juneau Commission on Sustainability, an advisory committee of the City and Borough of Juneau Assembly.
During the session, representatives from Juneau’s visitor industry will explain how they approach and think about sustainability issues, like overcrowding and air emissions. There will be representatives from both local and international operators, and information on Juneau’s Tourism Best Management Practices program.
The panel will be moderated by JCOS member Jim Powell. Panel members are:
- John Binkley, Cruise Lines International Association Alaska President
- Dan Blanchard, UnCruise Adventures CEO
- Kirby Day, Tourism Best Management Practices Coordinator and Princess Cruises Director of Shore Operations
- Bob Janes, Gastineau Guiding Owner
- Mike Tibbles, Cruise Lines International Association Alaska Government Affairs
Come with questions and ideas about how the industry should continue to work with Juneau on sustainability issues.
For more information, contact Tim Felstead, CBJ staff liaison to the Juneau Commission on Sustainability, at 586-0466 or email@example.com.