Juneau Pools offers two spring break lifeguard classes this month
Juneau Pools is offering two American Red Cross Full Lifeguard Certification courses this month. Each course costs $205:
- During the University of Alaska Southeast spring break, March 11-14 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Dimond Park Aquatic Center.
- During the Juneau School District spring break, March 18-21 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Dimond Park Aquatic Center.
Lifeguard Pre-courses can be completed at the Dimond Park Aquatic Center every Saturday and Sunday during regular business hours. Participants must be 15 years of age on or before the last scheduled day of the course and successfully complete the pre-course session which includes:
- 300-yard continuous swim (front crawl/breast stroke)
- Must be able to demonstrate proper breath control
- Must be able to swim with face in the water
- Treading water for two minutes with hands under armpits
- Retrieval of a 10 pound object from 7-10 foot depth
The American Red Cross Full Lifeguard Certification is required to become a lifeguard at a Juneau pool. It’s part-time and pay starts at over $16/hour. Anyone age 16 and older can apply.
For more information, call 586-2782 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.