Full day of free events during Day of Play Aug. 17
Join City and Borough of Juneau Parks & Recreation Department on Saturday, August 17 for the 10th Annual Day of Play, a full day of free events taking place all over Juneau. This is Park & Recreation’s way of thanking the community. All Day of Play events are free of charge.
Kids can register for free prize drawings at each event and earn more chances to win by turning in a Passport to Play before the 4:30 drawing at Trucks N’ Stuff. Get passport stamps at scheduled events as well as at four do-it-yourself activities at Treadwell Historic trail, Project Playground, Overstreet Park, and Cope Park. Prizes include a 2-hour birthday party at Dimond Park Aquatic Center, a 1-hour ice rental at Treadwell Arena, and free registration to a 2020 Zach Gordon Youth Center summer camp.
Day of Play schedule of events
- 9 am – 10 am Capital Park – Gaga Ball and doughnuts from Breeze In
- 10 am – 11:30 am Juneau-Douglas City Museum – Free admission to make your own histograph and explore the touch table
- 10:30 am – 12 pm Augustus Brown Swimming Pool – Free swim session to try out the new Key Logs
- 11:30 am – 1 pm Zach Gordon Youth Center – Sidewalk chalk, Juneau Jumpers, free hot dog lunch
- 11:30 am – 12:10 pm Treadwell Arena – Free skate session *
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:10 pm Treadwell Arena – Free skate session *
- 1 p.m. – 2:30 pm Douglas Public Library – “Jump to Jupiter” & fun with a Universe of Stories
- 2 p.m. – 3:30 pm Riverbend Elementary School – Shoot hoops with the JDHS boys basketball team
- 2 p.m. – 5 pm Dimond Park – Trucks N’ Stuff: Climb in trucks and loaders, check out a helicopter and talk with heavy equipment drivers and first responders
- 2 p.m. – 3:30 pm Dimond Park Aquatic Center – Free swim session *
- 4 p.m. – 5:30 pm Dimond Park Aquatic Center – Free swim session *
- 3 p.m. – 5 pm Dimond Park Field House – Free open turf & track time
* Arrive 30 minutes early to receive a wristband for entry
For more information, contact Parks & Recreation at 586-5226.