Lands Committee (LC)
The Lands Committee meets in Assembly Chambers at 5:00 pm
In October of 1985, the CBJ added Rule 4 to its Assembly rules of procedure, which established the Lands Committee as one of the Assembly’s Standing Committees.
The Lands Committee may take up issues relevant to the lands, water or air within the City and Borough. The duties of the Lands Committee shall include recommendations to the Assembly regarding:
- The preparation and revision of a land management plan and the acquisition and disposal of CBJ lands;
- The administration of the lands fund and the mineral holdings of the CBJ.
- Implementation of the Long Range Waterfront Development Plan, and issues relating to use and development of the CBJ waterfront.
- Promotion of improved housing availability in the City and Borough.
2017-2018 Members of the Assembly Lands Committee are:
- Mary Becker, Chair
- Rob Edwardson
- Jerry Nankervis
- Beth Weldon
Committee/Board Liaisons to the Lands Committee are:
- Paul Voelckers, Planning Commission liaison
- Weston Eiler, Docks & Harbors Boardmember
- Chris Mertl, Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee member
Tentative dates for upcoming Lands Committee meetings can be found on the Assembly calendar. Please note that meetings can be rescheduled or canceled and public notice will be given if this occurs.