Employment Application Guidelines
The City and Borough of Juneau Employment Application, and the Additional Employment History form, are available in Microsoft Word and PDF formats. Be sure to read the instructions below for submitting an electronic application.
- You must submit the CBJ employment application to apply for jobs.
- CBJ Human Resources only accepts applications for positions currently being announced by a Job Announcement.
- Positions that are announced are open for a minimum of five working days. Each announcement lists the recruitment period and where applications are to be submitted. All applications must be received by 4:30 p.m. (Alaska Time) on the closing date.
- Submit a separate application for each position that is announced and answer all questions listed on application.
- You may supplement your application with a resume, copies of certificates, college transcripts or other information you feel is pertinent. Without a complete application we will not be able to accept other documents which indicate your interest.
- Your application is not required to be signed when you submit via email, but you will be required to sign it if selected for an interview.
If Submitting By Email
- Attach your application along with any additional documents requested in the job announcement.
- The email message with your attachment(s) must contain a brief explanation in the main body of the email to include the following:
- Language stating this email contains an attached employment application and specifically naming any other materials being submitted with the application like a resume, cover letter, supplemental questionnaire, etc.
- Job Title as shown in the Job Announcement.
- Job Announcement Number as shown in the Job Announcement.
- Name and address of applicant.
- PLEASE read the individual job postings carefully, for some positions, applicants must submit the required documentation by the application deadline in order to be considered further.
- Failure to attach required document(s) will result in an incomplete application and will not be considered for the opening unless all missing materials are submitted by the closing date for the job announcement.
- PLEASE ALSO NOTE: Submission via email should not be considered a guaranteed delivery method. If you do not receive an automatic reply from our Employment Inbox, please contact us to discuss other methods of submission.