To prevent frozen water pipes, the City and Borough of Juneau recommends the following preventative measures:
- Leave a pencil thin trickle of water running in the sink to keep water circulating
- Ensure crawl space vents are closed
- Ensure pipes are properly insulated
- Ensure heat tapes are plugged in and functioning
- Turn off hose bibs, disconnect any hoses, and ensure they are properly insulated
In the event that you do experience frozen pipes, contact a plumber or contractor. CBJ does not have the ability to thaw frozen water pipes.