Help us welcome in the new year with a lifeguard class set to Start January 19th at the Dimond Park Aquatic Center!
This lifeguard class is being offered as a Blended Learning class which requires a computer and internet access to complete approximately 7 hours worth of online material. All online material must be completed before the first day of class, so get registered as soon as you can! Attendance and participation at all scheduled class dates is mandatory.
Failing to attend a class will result in your removal from the course without a refund.
- Saturday, January 19th : 8am-3pm | 1 hour lunch break
- Saturday, January 26th : 8am-3pm | 1 hour lunch break
- Saturday, February 2nd : 8am-3pm | 1 hour lunch break | Test out day
You must complete the Lifeguard Pre-course prior to enrolling for the full certification course.
Pre-course’s are available ALL DAY on Saturdays and Sundays at the Dimond Park Aquatic Center.
The requirements to pass the pre-course are listed below:
- 300 yard continuous swim (front crawl/breast stroke)
- must be able to demonstrate proper breath control
- must be able to swim with face in the water
- goggles are okay for this skill assessment
- Treading water for two minutes with hands under armpits- no goggles allowed
- Retrieval of a 10 pound object from 7 – 10 foot depth within 1 minute 40 seconds – no goggles allowed