Mayor’s Task Force on Public Safety
The Mayor’s Task Force on Public Safety was created on July 31, 2017 and charged with:
- Creating an inventory of what services the CBJ currently provides or has access to in the areas of Public Safety, Treatment for Drug and Alcohol abuse/Addiction, and Reentry.
- Making recommendations to the Mayor regarding options available to the CBJ to combat and reverse the current crime trends, including what services may be added or enhanced to address the treatment of drug and alcohol abuse.
The Task Force held 10 meetings between August 9, 2017 and January 30, 2018.
Task Force members:
- Chair Jerry Nankervis, Assembly Member
- David Campbell, Juneau Police Department Deputy Chief
- Sherri Layne, CBJ Criminal Prosecutor
- Emily Wright, CBJ Criminal Prosecutor
- Don Habeger, Community Coordinator for the Juneau Reentry Coalition
- Bradley Grigg, Chief Behavioral Health Officer, Bartlett Regional Hospital
- Terry Goff, General Manager Safeway
- Angie Kemp, District Attorney